Opened in 1999, West Brazos Golf Course is a 9-hole public course. West Brazos Golf Course measures 3,402 yards from the longest tees. The course features three sets of tees for different skill levels. The course is fully lit from tee to green.
We are located in Brazoria, Texas where the initial owner, Cecil Stedman, was originally from. After Cecil retired in 1994, he decided to build a driving range on the 15 acres and operated it until some adjoining property next to the driving range became available. And with that, the idea of putting in a golf course came about. Construction began on the golf course in December 1998 and West Brazos Golf Center was opened in October 1999. The course was run as a family business until November 2022.
Tyler Roome had spent much of his time at the 9-hole course with his family since his childhood so, he took the opportunity to purchase the course and driving range when it became available. He is the current owner and looks forward to maintaining the friendly atmosphere at West Brazos Golf Center, while improving the features of the business for all its customers to enjoy. Be sure to stay connected with us on Facebook and Instagram to learn more about us, and to see our improvements and updates!
Rules and Regulations
- USGA Rules shall govern all play.
- All players will wear shoes, shirts, and trousers.
- No alcoholic beverages brought in from the outside.
- All players are requires to have a set of clubs.
- 90 degree allowed on Hole # 1, #6, & #9.
- Golf shoes with metal spikes are not allowed.
- Do not use range balls while on the golf course.
- No rain checks, no mosquito checks.
- Out of bounds are defined by the fence surrounding the golf course.
- Left of range fence is out of bounds on hole #1.
- Left of the water hazard is out of bounds on hole #9.
- All yardages are measured to the center of the green.
- Repair all your divots and ball marks.
- Light poles, cart paths and pump house are to be played as immovable obstruction (one club length near point of relief, (no penalty).
- Evening play and closing times will be determined by the amount of play on the golf course. Call for tee times after 5:00pm!
- Do not cross a fence to retrieve golf balls. That is private property, and you could be arrested for trespassing.
- Golfers are responsible for any and all damage to this property resulting from golf balls and golf carts.
- Cheating during scrambles will not be tolerated and players will be asked to leave and not return to our facility if this occurs.
** If found not following these rules and regulation players will be asked to leave.
** Alcoholic beverages can and will stop being served at the clubhouse discretion.
Hours and Times
- Pro Shop opens daily Tuesday – Sunday at daylight (Mondays at 1pm)
- Tee times required after 5:00 p.m.
- Close according to the amount of play in the evenings